Battery Clip Pair for Arduino/Raspberry-Pi/Robotics (Big)
A clip (also alligator clip or spring clip) is a simple mechanical device for creating a temporary electrical connection, and is named for its resemblance to an alligator' s or crocodile's jaws.
Functioning much like a spring-loaded clothes pin, the clips tapered, serrated jaws are forced together by a spring to grip an object. When manufactured for electronics testing and evaluation, one jaw of the clip is typically permanently crimped or soldered to a wire, or is bent to form the inner tubular contact of a15 mm ~ 4 mm female banana jack, enabling quick non-permanent connection between a circuit under test and laboratory equipment or to another electrical circuit. The clip is typically covered by a plastic shroud or "boot" to prevent accidental short - circuits.
· It consists of insulation and connector.
· Insulation is a type of PVC which is used for electrical wiring to protect from any kind of shock while operating this crocodile clip.
· Connector is made up of high quality stainless steel which has highly strength ability to hold the testing material. Above connector , there is a coated with nickel metal to protect it from corrosion and rust.
· Small versions, ranging in size from 15 mm – 40 mm in length, are used in electrical laboratory work and school, college labs.
· Large versions of these clips, called automotive clips or battery clamps, are made of solid copper for low electrical resistance, are used with thick insulated copper cables to make connections between automobile batteries.
· Jaw Size: 2mm
· Jaw Length: 10.3mm
· Total length: 49.1mm
· Insulation Length: 14.5mm
· Insulation lower diameter: 5mm
· Insulation Upper diameter: 4mm
· Overall Length of the Component: 50.1mm
· Overall diameter of the component : 7mm
Note : Images shown is only for representation. The actual product may vary with the picture shown.