Getting Started with Cubie-board
Today we are discussing about the basic Introduction of Cubie-Board.
Cubie-board 4 is the latest version and tremendous open-source single board mini computer. Cubieboard 4 fashioned by “CubieTech” and was introduced in the market in January 2015. Cubieboard also named as CC-A80 built through ALLwinner Tech is re-owned for its high performance. Talking about its features, its high performance can be checked from its features such as Allwinner UltraOcta A80, 20 extended pins, Built-in HDMI/ VGA display interface, Built-in WIFI+BT module, 2GB DDR3 RAM, Built-in IR receiver and SPDIF audio interface.
While an improvement board is a key fixing, there are a few different things that are likewise needed. A Power supply, for instance, is not generally supplied and does have a few contemplations. Likewise, extra equipment is needed for the starting correspondence and to troubleshoot.
Serially interfacing with the board
With headless frameworks, for example, these, things don’t generally simply work. Once in a while, investigating at a lower level is needed. This is likewise positively valid with advancement sheets, for example, these. A lapse happens, and there’s no output. What could have potentially turned out badly? So investing hours on experimentation can be maintained a strategic distance from the old and trusty serial port exists on numerous sorts of equipment.
Trust it or not, but rather most engineer development boards really come without a force supply this is for the most part because of the accompanying reasons:
- Without the force supply, designer sheets don’t need to pass the FCC regulations.
- Importing a force supply may require certain nearby confirmation and may be illegal.
- It can offer ascent to the multifaceted nature of the engineer not knowing which control supply should be sent to a nation
- It has decreased the expense, as not packaging the force supply has achieved a decrease in the expense. Most boards will take 5 volts for their data, however 700 milli-amp of current is the slightest that they ought to supply when not utilizing anything force eager, for example, a HDD on the other hand a LCD. On the off chance that additional peripherals are connected, this necessity likewise goes up. A fitting 5-volt, 2-amp power supply will be sufficient to power a board under full load with a LCD joined. Even that ought to have the capacity to work pleasantly. If all else fails, dependably check the force deplete or power supply strength to avoid that from bringing about peculiar issues. Affordably made power supplies accessible from different shops are regularly exaggerated and along these lines they may not supply the obliged current on Cubie Board.
SD Card as storage Device
As a rule, a microSD card is the boot medium for these boards. It can be considered as a bootable CD or USB drive utilized on a PC. At the point when making microSD cards to be utilized as a medium, it is utilized a quicker microSD.
Specification of Cubieboard:
- Memory: 2GB DDR3, 64 bit, Dual Channel, 1600 MTPS
- Storage: EMMC, up to 64GB, default 8GB, write/read speed 25MB/s
- TF card: Micro SD card slot, SD card specification V2.0
- Ethernet Card: 10M/100M/1000M NIC
- RTC: Support 1220 size rechargeable button cell
- Dimensions: 146x142x18mm
- USB Slots: USB 2.0 host x 4, USB 3.0 OTG x 1
- Display: HDMI Port A, HDMI V1.4, VGA, support 1080P resolution output
- Wireless: Wi-Fi: 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz, dual band, 300Mbps, BT:0+EDR, IR receiver Philips standard
- Audio: Support 3.5 headphone jacks for Audio output, Support 3.5 jack for Micphone
- Power Supply: DC IN 5V/4A, Support USB 3.0 power jack, Support 3.7V Li-Po battery
- Buttons: power button, reset button, reboot button
- LEDS: Power led x 1, User led x 2
- Debugging Ports: UART0 and JTAG, Some I2C interface to peripherals
- Packing List: Cubieboard 4 main board x1, Micro 3.0 USB cable x1, Micro 3.0 USB OTG cable x1, Sink fin x1, 5Ghz/2.4Ghz antenna x1, Sample acrylic case x1
- SOC: Allwinner A80, Octa- Core big-LITTLE A15/A7, 28mm, CPU: Arm Cortex A15x4 up to 2.0GHz, A7x4 up to 1.3GHz, GPU: Power 64-core G6230
Where to use Cubie-board?
You should be familiar with Cubieboard uses. It’s compatible for domestic use as well as industrial sector.
- Hadoop cluster: It has high availability distributed object oriented platform that supports the running of applications on large clusters of commodity.
- 3D printer
- Personal storage cloud
- In Imaging: Vibe is the powerful technique for background detection and subtraction in video sequences.
- An affordable computer for kids, for testing, or for development
- A Home Server
- A Mini Personal Computer
- A Gaming System
- A Compute Cluster
- A Media Center
- For Home Entertainment
- For building electronic systems.
We hope you enjoyed the article. Cubie board is the experimental platform, who want to gain more skills on Embedded technology.