Usbasp is an Electronic programmer for Avr family Microcontrollers.It debugs the hexadecimal(.hex) file into Avr Microcontroller.The Usbasp programmer uses a Atmega8Microcontroller from Avr family.No need any controller in the Atmega8.
Resource required for this installation process:
a. USBasp programmer(You can download layout Download Usbasp Layout)
b. Computer with Windows07 Operating System(OS)
c. USBasp drivers downloaded and unzipped from here (you can download directly)
To install the USBasp programmer:
1. Insert the Usbasp programmer into an USB port
2. A message will appear in the bottom right side,shown in figure. Click on “Click here for status” to see the process.
3. Windows will search to install a driver from Windows Update.
4. Device driver software will not install due to the drivers not found in Windows update
5. Go to device manager
Tip:Shortcut to Device manager START+R.Type devmgmt.msc in Run window.And find the option for the USBASP with error. It should be displayed with a yellow alert icon next to it.
6. Right click on the device and select “Update Driver Software”
7. When prompted “How do you want to search for driver software”, select “Browse my computer for driver software”
8. Select the folder where you Extracted the the driver files then click “Next” button.
9. When the installation is complete, a confirmation screen will be displayed. Click close to close it.
your programmer is now ready for use.