Arduino Mega 2560 R3 Board
The Arduino Mega 2560 R3 is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega2560. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 15 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with a AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started. The Mega 2560 R3 board is compatible with most shields designed for Arduino/Genuino Uno and the former boards Duemilanove or Diecimila.
Features of Arduino Mega 2560 R3.
- Microcontroller: ATmega2560
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 54 (of which 15 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 16
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 50 mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 8 KB
- EEPROM: 4 KB
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- USB Host Chip: MAX3421E
Applications of Arduino Mega 2560 R3.
- Multiple Projects requiring High speed Operations.
- Multiple DIY projects having larger code size.
- Atmega32 based Robot.