CD4029 Binary-Decade Up-Down Counter
The CD4029B consists of a four-stage binary or BCD-decade up/down counter with provisions for look-ahead carry in both counting modes. The inputs consist of a single CLOCK, CARRY-IN\ (CLOCK ENABLE\), BINARY/DECADE, UP/DOWN, PRESET ENABLE, and four individual JAN signals, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 and a CARRY OUT signal are provided as outputs.
Features of CD4029 Binary-Decade Up-Down Counter:
- Medium-speed operation… 8 MHz (typ.) @ CL = 50 pF and VDD–VSS = 10 V.
- Multi-package parallel clocking for synchronous high speed output response or ripple clocking for slow clock input rise and fall times.
- "Preset Enable" and individual "Jam" inputs provided.
- Binary or decade up/down counting.
- BCD outputs in decade mode.
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V.
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings.
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics.
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package-temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C.
- Noise margin (full package-temperature range):
- 1 V at VDD = 5 V.
- 2 V at VDD = 10 V .
- 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V.
Applications of CD4029 Binary-Decade Up-Down Counter:
- Programmable binary and decade counting/frequency synthesizers-BCD output.
- Analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
- Up/Down binary counting.
- Magnitude and sign generation.
- Up/Down decade counting.
- Difference counting.
Also Searched as : cd4029 counter circuit, cd4029 schematic, cd4029 circuits, cd4029 datasheet, fairchild cd4029, cd4029 pinout.
Note : Images shown is only for representation. The actual product may vary with the picture shown.