CD4059 Program Divide-by-N Counter
The CD4059 standard "A" Series types are divide-by-N down-counters that can be programmed to divide an input frequency by any number "N" from 3 to 15,999. The output signal is a pulse one clock-cycle wide occurring at a rate equal to the input frequency divided by N. This single output has TTL drive capability. The down-counter is preset by means of 16 jam inputs.
Features of CD4059 Program Divide-By-N Counter:
- Synchronous Programmable N Counter.
- N = 3 to 9999 or 15,999.
- Presettable down-counter.
- Fully static operation.
- Mode-select control of initial decade counting function (10,8,5,4,2).
- T2L drive capability.
- Master preset initialization.
- Latchable N output.
- Quiescent current specified to 15 volts.
- Max. input leakage current of 1 µA at 15 volts, full package-temperature range.
- 1 volt noise margin, full package-temperature range.
- 5-V and 10-V parametric ratings.
Applications of CD4059 Program Divide-By-N Counter:
- Communications digital frequency synthesizers: VHF, UHF, FM, AM, etc..
- Fixed or programmable frequency division.
- "Time out" timer for consumer-application industrial controls.
- Companion Application Note, ICAN-6374, "Application of the CMOS CD4059A Programmable Divide-by-N Counter in FM and Citizens Band Transceiver Digital Tuners".
Also Searched as : CD4059 ic.