CD4585 4-bit Comparator
The CD4585B is a 4-bit magnitude comparator designed for use in computer and logic applications that require the comparison of two 4-bit words. This logic circuit determines whether one 4-bit word (Binary or BCD) is "less than", "equal to", or "greater than" a second 4-bit word.
Features of CD4585 4-Bit Comparator:
- Expansion to 8, 12, 16.....4N bits by cascading units.
- Medium-speed operation:.
- compares two 4-bit words in 180 ns (typ.) at 10 V.
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V.
- Standardized symmetrical output characteristics.
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings.
- Maximum input current of 1 µA at 18 V over full package temperature range; 100 nA at 18 V and 25°C.
- Noise margin (full package temperature range) =
- 1 V at VDD = 5 V.
- 2 V at VDD = 10 V.
- 2.5 V at VDD = 15 V.
Applications of CD4585 4-Bit Comparator:
- Servo motor controls.
- Process controllers.