LM358 Dual Operational Amplifier
EL817 Phototransistor Photocoupler
The EL817 Phototransistor Photocoupler series of devices each consist of an infrared emitting diodes, optically coupled to a phototransistor detector. They are packaged in a 4-pin DIP package and available in wide - lead spacing and SMD option.
EL817 series of devices are Photo transistor based photo coupler. A photocoupler, or optical isolator or an opto - isolator is a component that transfers electrical signals between two isolated circuits by using light. Opto - isolators prevent high voltages from affecting the system receiving the signal. Commercially available opto - isolators withstand input-to-output voltages up to 10 kV and voltage transients with speeds up to 10 kV/us. This common type opto - isolator consists of an LED and a phototransistor in the same package. Opto - isolators are usually used for transmission of digital (on / off) signals, but some techniques allow use with analog (proportional) signals.
An opto-isolator connects input and output sides with a beam of light modulated by input current. It transforms useful input signal into light, sends it across the dielectric channel, captures light on the output side and transforms it back into electric signal.
Images/Pinout of EL817 Phototransistor Photocoupler
Features of EL817 Phototransistor Photocoupler:
- Current transfer ratio (CTR : 50 ~ 600% at IF = 5mA, VCE = 5V).
- High isolation voltage between input and output (Viso = 5000 V rms ).
- Creepage distance > 7.62 mm.
- Operating temperature up to + 110°C.
- Compact small outline package.
Applications of EL817 Phototransistor Photocoupler:
- Programmable controllers.
- System appliances, measuring instruments.
- Telecommunication equipments.
- Home appliances, such as fan heaters, etc.
- Signal transmission between circuits of different potentials and impedances.
Also Searched as : el817 ic, el817 photocoupler, el817 datasheet, el817 optocoupler, el817 pinout, el817 price, el817 optocoupler circuit, el817 circuit, el817 series, 4 pin phototransistor, el817 4 pin phototransistor.