48'' Track Belt for Arduino/Raspberry-Pi/Robotics
Track Belt is used to drive the wheels.
A Track belt is a loop of flexible material used to mechanically link two or more rotating shafts, most often parallel. Belts may be used as a source of motion, to transmit power efficiently, or to track relative movement. Belts are looped over pulleys. In a two pulley system, the belt can either drive the pulleys in the same direction, or the belt may be crossed, so that the direction of the shafts is opposite.
How to Use Track Belt:
· Measure the required track belt.
· Cut it with the help of cutter or scissor.
· Join the two ends with the help of permanent tire fixtures.
Please note the following before using the track belt :
· Belt slips because it extends while in motion
· The extension in the belt is a function of friction between belt and ground, load on the bot, the tension in the belt(how tight it is), difference in tension at the slack side and tight side.
· Every belt can handle only a limited tension depending on its stiffness
· No matter how tight you make it, how rough the pulleys are, it would slip off due to its limited stiffness.
· Either reduces the load on the bot which in turn would reduce the tension in the belt or use a stiffer belt.
· See if you can get belt of greater thickness and width hence you would find a stiffer belt.
Can be used along the wheels in robomart are:
· Ge small double tyre
· Ge small white track wheel
· Ge white screw mount tyre
· Robosapiens 4" black track wheel screw mount
· Robosapiens double track wheel screw mount
Width of the Track Belt : 25 mm
Length of the Track Belt : 122 mm
Note : Images shown is only for representation. The actual product may vary with the picture shown.