UPS PIco - Uninterruptible Power Supply & I2C Control HAT
The UPS PIco is an advanced uninterruptible power supply for the Raspberry Pi A+/B+ and Raspberry Pi 2, that adds a wealth of innovative power back-up functionality and development features to the innovative microcomputer! The UPS PIco will automatically shut-down your Raspberry Pi if there is a power failure, and can be set to automatically monitor and reboot your Pi once power has been restored!
New Update - The UPS PIco now includes the Gold Reset Pin as standard, adding various functions including hardware resets.
The standard UPS PIco is equipped with a 450mAh LiPO battery specially designed to enable safe shutdown during a power cut. Additionally, this can be easily upgraded to the extended 3000mAh version, which enables prolonged use of a Raspberry Pi for up to 8 hours without a power supply connected!
The UPS PIco features an embedded measurement system that continuously checks the powering voltage of the Raspberry Pi®. When the cable power on the Raspberry Pi® is absent, insufficient, or the device detects a power failure, the UPS Pico automatically switches to the unit’s battery source. The module then continues to check the voltage on the Pi and switches automatically back to the regular cable supply when power is once again available.
The UPS PIco is powered and the battery pack intelligently charged via the GPIO pins on the Raspberry Pi®, so no additional cabling or power supply is required.
The UPS PIco is designed to be 100% compliant with HATstandards for the Raspberry Pi® B+ and A+, and is mechanically compatible with the original Raspberry Pi® models A and B when an extension header is used. In addition to this, because the UPS Pico requires no external powering and fits within the footprint of the Raspberry Pi®, it is compatible with most cases.
The UPS PIco can also be equipped with an optional Infra-Red Receiver which is routed directly to GPIO18 via the PCB. This opens the door for remote operation of the Raspberry Pi®and UPS Pico!
Finally, the UPS Pico features an implemented Automatic Temperature Control PWM FAN controller, and can be equipped with a micro fan kit, which enables the use of the Raspberry Pi® in extreme conditions including very high temperature environments.
The list of features of the UPS PIco is as follows:
- Raspberry Pi B+ HAT Compliant
- Plug and Play
- Smart Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Integrated LiPO Battery (8-10 Minutes of Power Back-Up)
- Intelligent Automatic Charger
- No Additional External Power Required
- Additional 3000 mAh Battery for 8 Hours Run-Time (Not Included)
- 5V 2A Power Backup (Peak Output 5V 3A)
- Integrated Software Simulated Real Time Clock (RTC) with Battery Back-Up
- File Safe Shutdown Functionality
- Raspberry Pi B+ Activity Pin
- PWM FAN control (Fan Not Included)
- 2 User Defined LEDs
- 2 User Defined Buttons
- Integrated Buzzer for UPS and User Applications
- Status Monitoring - Powering Voltage, UPS Battery Voltage and Temperature
- I2C PICo Interface for Control and Monitoring
- RS232 Raspberry Pi Interface for Control and Monitoring
- XTEA Based Cryptography User Software Protection
- 2 Level Watch-dog Functionality with FSSD and Hardware Reset
- Raspberry Pi B+ Hardware Reset Button via Spring Test Pin (Not Included)
- Jumpers for Raspberry Pi B+ Pin Functionality Selection
- Stackable Header for Add-On Boards
- Boot Loader for Live Firmware Update
- Compatible with Intelligent IR Remote Power ON/OFF (PowerMyPi)
- Integrated ESD-Protected 2 Channel A/D 10 Bit Converters 0-5.2V
- Integrated ESD-Protected 1-Wire Interface
- Labeled J8Raspberry Pi B+ GPIOPins for Easy Plug & Play
- Infra Red Receiver Sensor Interface (IR Not Included)
- Upgradable with PIco Add-on Boards
- Fits Inside Most Existing Cases